Manual and short describtion of BalloonRadar's features.
There are several features we shall describe in this chapter. All of them serve to navigate, rather evaluate the weather and predict your flight.
1. GREEN LINE / RED LINE
Green line is a basic feature which provides you with all information about your flight. It is time- and speed-responsive prediction of flight. The length constantly adjusts to show the position of your balloon after 30 minutes. Of course, the angle of inclination reflects your flight's direction.
Red line is your track. It shows the exact path of that you have followed.
2. FLIGHT PARAMETERS
The top black portion of your screen features various parameters: flight speed, flight direction, current altitude, flight duration and distance flown.
1. Altitude - can be displayed in either meters or feet (you can change your preference in settings)
2. Direction is shown as heading direction in degrees.
3. Speed - you can change your unit preference to m/s, km/h, or knots.
4. Current flight time in minutes.
5. Distance of flight - (displayed in meters) measured from your take off place to your current postion.
Some of the flight parameters can be hidden by switching "PARAMS" mode.
3. Your point on the map
You can choose any point on the map that you intend to reach by pressing that place and holding your finger on the map for 1 second. BalloonRadar will calculate how much time you need to reach this point with the current speed. Imagine: you need to decide go over the forest or land before. It's easy - after setting your first landing place behind the forest, our app will tell you when you will get there. The estimated arrival time will be recalculated every second, taking into account your current parameters, in order to provide you with the most accurate data.
Note: The calculation is based on the speed, not the direction of your flight.
4. SUNSET / SUNRISE
By activating "SUN" mode, youwill be able to see the time of sunrise and sunset at your location. These values are always given at the time zone in which your device is operating.
5. SAT/MAP VIEW
You can switch view mode between satelite and map. Satelite can be useful just before landing to check, for example, field availability. To switch, simply press map/sat button.
6. AUTO ZOOM
Autozoom is a perfect feature for pilots who don't wish to be occupied by operating an app during the flight. Autozoom always adjusts your screen to the current speed and direction. In fact, when you fly high and fast, BalloonRadar will show your predicted flying route, and when you go down and slow down, your map will be automatically bigger to show you all details. Autozoom is turned on by default, but you can turn it off by pressing manual/auto focus.
ALL YOUR FLIGHTS
You can go through all of the flights that you have performed. Your device will remember their data. You can easily delete some of them from your device. Even if you do it accidentally, you will be able to retrieve the information as its copy will be saved in our cloud. Your device will save:
1. Date of flight
2. Time of start and landing
3. Max altitude
4. Distance flown
5. Max speed
6. Flight's path on the map
BalloonRadar is capable of notifying your entire crew and passengers about the start and landing positions of your balloon through e-mail. All you need to do is to enter the email addresses by selecting "Mail list" in Settings menu.
- at the request of Pilots from the USA we have introduced a change in the selection of units. From now on you can use miles in distance and miles per hour at speed
- hiding activity on the public side. Some of you are eager to use BalloonRadar but do not want to be seen in public. From now on you can use this function and your flight will only be visible in the BalloonRadar_Drive application by your driver. However, hiding a flight has a direct impact on the mailing function. If your flight is hidden and the application sends an e-mail to your relatives about the take-off and landing, from now they will not be able to see the place of take-off and landing on the map.